Dear Readers,
When I started teaching... I started reading. I read all the 6-8 grade literature and then more. I now LOVE reading and ALWAY have a book on my dresser. Reading lets my mind wonder into a new world without diapers and crying babies. But reading is more fun when you share. For this blog I will write about the GOOD books I read. I will write about books that are worthy of reading and ones I truly recommend. Enjoy your readings.
Friday, May 4, 2012
Standing for Something by Gordon B. Hinckely
This was our book club book for April. I thought I had read it was then realized that I never had. And I am so glad that Yvonne picked it for book club. It is a wonderful. First off. It is written to the world.... not just Mormons. President Hinckley talks about 10 virtues that will help our homes. They are: Love, Honesty, Morality, Civility, Learning, Mercy & Forgiveness, Thrift and Industry, Gratitude, Optimism, and Faith. Each of these was a great reminder of what I should be doing daily. The book then goes on and talks about the importance of marriage and family. Again, another great reminder of what I should be doing. In the end, I was reminded of a lot of things, along with my love for our dear prophet Gordon B. Hinckley.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment