Dear Readers,

When I started teaching... I started reading. I read all the 6-8 grade literature and then more. I now LOVE reading and ALWAY have a book on my dresser. Reading lets my mind wonder into a new world without diapers and crying babies. But reading is more fun when you share. For this blog I will write about the GOOD books I read. I will write about books that are worthy of reading and ones I truly recommend. Enjoy your readings.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Color Purple by Alice Walker

Interesting book. Couldn't believe it is a Young Adult read.  It is not descriptive but does talk about rap, abuse, sex, and lesbians.  Yet, the story line is truly about love and trust.  It is a story of 2 sisters who lived total different lives.  One sister became a wife at 14 who was put into an arranged and abusive marriage.  The other sister lived in South Africa as a Christian Missionary.  The whole book is written in letters that one sister writes to the other.  They have a deep love for each other.  The book spans over 30 years and in the end you will cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment