Awesome book!!!! I first learned that "I would never ever want to climb Mt. Everest". I also learned how expensive, time consuming, dangerous, long, and truly exhausting climbing Everest would be. This book is a true account of 2 groups that summited on May 10, 1996. 5 people didn't make it home due to reasons that didn't have to happen. Jon was on this summit, and gives a first hand account to what truly happens on "The worlds tallest Mountain."Dear Readers,
When I started teaching... I started reading. I read all the 6-8 grade literature and then more. I now LOVE reading and ALWAY have a book on my dresser. Reading lets my mind wonder into a new world without diapers and crying babies. But reading is more fun when you share. For this blog I will write about the GOOD books I read. I will write about books that are worthy of reading and ones I truly recommend. Enjoy your readings.
Friday, June 28, 2013
Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer
Awesome book!!!! I first learned that "I would never ever want to climb Mt. Everest". I also learned how expensive, time consuming, dangerous, long, and truly exhausting climbing Everest would be. This book is a true account of 2 groups that summited on May 10, 1996. 5 people didn't make it home due to reasons that didn't have to happen. Jon was on this summit, and gives a first hand account to what truly happens on "The worlds tallest Mountain."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment