Dear Readers,
When I started teaching... I started reading. I read all the 6-8 grade literature and then more. I now LOVE reading and ALWAY have a book on my dresser. Reading lets my mind wonder into a new world without diapers and crying babies. But reading is more fun when you share. For this blog I will write about the GOOD books I read. I will write about books that are worthy of reading and ones I truly recommend. Enjoy your readings.
Wednesday, August 8, 2012
Shanghai Girls by Lisa See
I saw this book on and rented it due to the title and once living in China. AND I loved it! It helped me remember China. It made me have a deeper love for my sisters. It made me understand Communism better. And it was such a great read. The story is about 2 sisters who grew up in China. Who endured WWII. Who had arranged marriages to brothers and moved to America. And when in America underwent trials, happiness, and love. Their adventure together was amazing. Their love was indescribable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment