Dear Readers,

When I started teaching... I started reading. I read all the 6-8 grade literature and then more. I now LOVE reading and ALWAY have a book on my dresser. Reading lets my mind wonder into a new world without diapers and crying babies. But reading is more fun when you share. For this blog I will write about the GOOD books I read. I will write about books that are worthy of reading and ones I truly recommend. Enjoy your readings.

Sunday, January 5, 2014

A Long Walk to Water by Linda Sue Park

This is a very quick read.  It is a little over 100 pages and tells the true story of 2 different people living in South Sudan.  One takes place in 2009 and the other 1980's.  In the end the 2 stories come together. 

Each story talks about a family living in South Sudan and how hard life was for them.  Girls truly spent their whole days walking to get water.  And in the 1980 there were many wars. 

It was a quick and good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment