Dear Readers,

When I started teaching... I started reading. I read all the 6-8 grade literature and then more. I now LOVE reading and ALWAY have a book on my dresser. Reading lets my mind wonder into a new world without diapers and crying babies. But reading is more fun when you share. For this blog I will write about the GOOD books I read. I will write about books that are worthy of reading and ones I truly recommend. Enjoy your readings.

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Escape by Carolyn Jessop


This book was very interesting. It was about Carolyn who was a member of the FLDS church who became a 3rd wife at the age of 19.  Her husband gained 4 more wives making a total of 7.  It is her story of hate and despair.  And then it tells how she escaped and was the first woman to gain full custody of her 8 kids.

I was engaged in the story but I disliked how negative Carolyn was.  She was depressing.  She was full of hate and revenge.  Not at all centered on Christ.  I did skip through a lot of chapters.

But in the end so happy that she did get out.

No comments:

Post a Comment