Dear Readers,

When I started teaching... I started reading. I read all the 6-8 grade literature and then more. I now LOVE reading and ALWAY have a book on my dresser. Reading lets my mind wonder into a new world without diapers and crying babies. But reading is more fun when you share. For this blog I will write about the GOOD books I read. I will write about books that are worthy of reading and ones I truly recommend. Enjoy your readings.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan By:Lisa See

AWESOME BOOK!!!!! My second Lisa See book, and this one just as great.  This story takes place in China during the time they bound woman's feet, had arranged marriages, and a woman's job was to sumit to her husband.  It was also a time when woman had assigned lotang "sworn sisters", and learned "nu-shu" "a secret woman language".  All the Chinese History in this book is true. 
The story line follow two "sworn sisters" as they bind their feet, marry and then  start families.  It is a story of true friendship. 

No comments:

Post a Comment