Dear Readers,
When I started teaching... I started reading. I read all the 6-8 grade literature and then more. I now LOVE reading and ALWAY have a book on my dresser. Reading lets my mind wonder into a new world without diapers and crying babies. But reading is more fun when you share. For this blog I will write about the GOOD books I read. I will write about books that are worthy of reading and ones I truly recommend. Enjoy your readings.
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
The Running Dream by Wendelin Van Draanen
This was the first book club book I read here in Clarkston. I am always a little nervous to read novels and youth novels combined. If I didn't like running so much I probably wouldn't have liked this story at all. But I did, and really only because I could relate. Jessica was an active lady on the high school track team, who lost her leg and had a prostatic. The book is a journey through her recovery and her attitude about living. What I realize mostly is I love to run. I sometimes take it for granted. I love the feeling running gives me. And that is what Jessica loved too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment