Dear Readers,

When I started teaching... I started reading. I read all the 6-8 grade literature and then more. I now LOVE reading and ALWAY have a book on my dresser. Reading lets my mind wonder into a new world without diapers and crying babies. But reading is more fun when you share. For this blog I will write about the GOOD books I read. I will write about books that are worthy of reading and ones I truly recommend. Enjoy your readings.

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Surviving Hitler by Andrea Warren

I never meant to read this book.  I reserved it thinking it was a completely different book that my mother recommended.  But it was a short read and was a Honor Book so I thought I would give it a try. 
And it was well worth it.  It's a true story of a rich,12 year old, Polish boy who fights all odds and survives the consecrations camps.  He lied about his age and gained entrance into the camps, and then meets a friend who teaches him how to survive.  This is a very heart warming story that will make you cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment