Dear Readers,

When I started teaching... I started reading. I read all the 6-8 grade literature and then more. I now LOVE reading and ALWAY have a book on my dresser. Reading lets my mind wonder into a new world without diapers and crying babies. But reading is more fun when you share. For this blog I will write about the GOOD books I read. I will write about books that are worthy of reading and ones I truly recommend. Enjoy your readings.

Friday, January 27, 2012

The Lucky One & Dear John by Nicholas Sparks

After I was married I went through a Nicholas Sparks fase and read almost ALL of his books. His books are all romantic and sweet and feel good books. I feel most all his book are predicable, but not these reccomendations.
Dear John became a movie, but Hollywood made a different ending then Sparks. Dear John is a story of sacrifice and true love. The movie was just a love story with a sweet ending. I can't give the ending away. Just read it. I cried for days and still think about the real John.

The Lucky One is being turned into a movie, so read it before Hollywoods changes things. This book is about a marine who falls in love with a picture. His life is saved by the girl in the picture. After the war he goes off to find her. But pictures aren't always as pretty as they look.

No comments:

Post a Comment