Dear Readers,

When I started teaching... I started reading. I read all the 6-8 grade literature and then more. I now LOVE reading and ALWAY have a book on my dresser. Reading lets my mind wonder into a new world without diapers and crying babies. But reading is more fun when you share. For this blog I will write about the GOOD books I read. I will write about books that are worthy of reading and ones I truly recommend. Enjoy your readings.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Preachers Bride by jody Hedlund



This was one of our Book Club books. It is labeled a romance story. But I would have called it history. It is the story of a Puritan woman, named Elizabeth, living in England in the 1650's. She meets a preacher (John), and becomes his housekeeper. John was a real preacher and is the author of Pilgrim's Progress. I enjoyed reading about Puritan life in the 1600's. They were hard workers who really loved God. This book was another story that made me thankful for what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment