Dear Readers,

When I started teaching... I started reading. I read all the 6-8 grade literature and then more. I now LOVE reading and ALWAY have a book on my dresser. Reading lets my mind wonder into a new world without diapers and crying babies. But reading is more fun when you share. For this blog I will write about the GOOD books I read. I will write about books that are worthy of reading and ones I truly recommend. Enjoy your readings.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Red Tent by Anita Diamant



My older sister reccomended this book to me, and I listened to it on tape. But I finished it in 4 days because it was that great. This story is written from Dina's (Leah's only daughter) point of view. I have always loved Rachel (because of my name). But this story make me love all 4 of Jacob's wives. They were all amazing woman who shared a life together. And the "Red Tent" is where they spent a week together each month. I learned a lot and have such a respect for Jacob and his wives (but not Simon and Livi).

No comments:

Post a Comment