Dear Readers,

When I started teaching... I started reading. I read all the 6-8 grade literature and then more. I now LOVE reading and ALWAY have a book on my dresser. Reading lets my mind wonder into a new world without diapers and crying babies. But reading is more fun when you share. For this blog I will write about the GOOD books I read. I will write about books that are worthy of reading and ones I truly recommend. Enjoy your readings.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

A tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith



I heard about this book from a dear friend. It is divided into 5 parts. The first section is where you meet 11-year-old Francie Nolan living in Brooklyn in 1912 (this was my least favorite section and I almost stopped reading). The next 4 sections got so so so much better. Part 2 you are introduced to Francie's parents in 1900. And section 3-5 is their family growing up together as a family in downtown Brooklyn, trying to survive. I really enjoyed this book. I liked reading about life in the earily 1900's. Again, this book made me greatful for what I have today.

No comments:

Post a Comment