Dear Readers,

When I started teaching... I started reading. I read all the 6-8 grade literature and then more. I now LOVE reading and ALWAY have a book on my dresser. Reading lets my mind wonder into a new world without diapers and crying babies. But reading is more fun when you share. For this blog I will write about the GOOD books I read. I will write about books that are worthy of reading and ones I truly recommend. Enjoy your readings.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Stolen Innocence by Elissa Wall



Stolen Innocence is a true story of a young girl named Elissa. Elissa belongs to the FLDS church where the church practices polygamy and Jeff Warren in their Prophet. All members must completely comply with the teaching/revelations of Jeff Warren. Elissa is therefore forced (by revaluation) to marry her first cousin at the age of 14 years old. She tells of growing up in the FLDS religion as a child, as a 14 year old bride and of trying to get out. I got hooked on this book and couldn't put it down. It make me appreciate my agency and our living Prophet.

No comments:

Post a Comment